Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Richardson
Dr. David A Richardson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Richardson is affiliated with Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and Hutzel Womens Hospital. Dr. Richardson has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Richardson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Inflammation of the Vulva and Vagina (Vulvovaginitis)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Exam
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Birth Control
- Genital Warts
- Miscarriage (Recurrent)
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Uterine Prolapse
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Hot Flashes
- Muscle Disease (Myoma)
- Ovarian Cysts
- Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Chlamydia Infections
- Fecal Incontinence
- Menstrual Pain
- Genital Herpes (Herpes Genitalis)
- Child Birth
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I never have seen Dr, Richardson as a patient, however, I did have the pleasure of meeting him by chance, one morning I was at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit and I was purchasing 2 newspapers. A gentleman walked by and said"enjoy". When I went to pay the checkout gal indicated that they had been taken care of. By the time I turned around to thank the kind man he was gone. After some investigation I figured that the generous and warm hearted person was Dr. Richardson. " Thank you, Dr,. Richardson, you certainly made my day with your kindness!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Richardson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Dr. David A Richardson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHenry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Richardson in this video.
Dr. David A Richardson is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Detroit, MI.