Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David A Stewart has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. David A Stewart has the following 1 expertise
Dr. David A Stewart has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David A Stewart is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
My wife has not only fibromyalgia but also two other painful conditions. Unlike some of her other physicians Dr Stuart listens to her! During her first visit he asked her what medications have helped in the past. He takes time to explain and recommend treatments so that the patient understands what is going on. On behalf of my wife I recommend him highly.
He the single most arrogant, dispassionate,dismissive and aloof "Md." I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. After a substantial wait time of 45 min of wait time was a waste trip and waste of my time. Arrogant, a person who talks at you, not to you, appears to have anger issues. He intimadatescand bullies his patients.Has no bedside manners, talks @ you, not to you, and is very abrasive to the point of verbally abusive. Never allows you to talk, but will dominate the conversation. Thinks everybody is a drug addict.
Dr.David Stewart (referred to for pain Management) is the single most arrogant, dispassionate,dismissive and aloof "Md." I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. After a substantial wait time,I was put in a room. When Dr. Stewart rushed into the room in his multicolored pinstriped suit,he says "what's up man?" Before I get 2 words out he proclaimed that I required no treatment and mocked my MRI documenting my lumbar area."PT and no medication" was his "Treatment Plan" I said i respectfully disagreed/asked for refund and it was denied. STAY AWAY!
24 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. David A Stewart accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsEastside Medical Center South Campus, 2160 Fountain Dr, Snellville, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Stewart in this video.
Dr. David A Stewart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Snellville, GA.