Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Thompson
Dr. David A Thompson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendale, CA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Thompson is affiliated with Methodist Hospital Southern Ca, California Hospital Medical Center and Huntington Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Thompson has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 8
I went to Dr. Thompson this afternoon. After waiting over a month for my appt. to approach and an hour in the lobby today, Dr. Thompson REFUSED to see me. My head injury was the result of a car accident, and Dr. Thompson explained that he would not treat me unless I provided a letter from another source promising to pay him. I have full health coverage, and on top of that, I had signed all the paperwork promising payment before I was even seen. I offered to have a letter faxed from my atty. promising funds from the settlement. Even after explaining all of this, Dr. Thompson still refused to see me. When pressed, he did not outline who he expected this letter to come from. He just kept insisting my insurance company would not pay because my injury was due to an accident. (This is not the case. I have clarified with both my insurance company and my attorney.) When prompted, he did not even know my name. He had not bothered to look at the paperwork I had filled out except to see the "car accident" X had been checked. Nor did he let me speak when I calmly explained how long I waited for my appt. with him and how far I had driven to see him and what my neurological needs were. The last thing Dr. Thompson said to me was that the situation was my fault because I "should have told the receptionist when scheduling that my injury was due to an accident." When I assured him that I had done just that, he shook his hands at me and walked away, leaving me to address my concerns with his very embarrassed receptionist and nurses. Eventually, the receptionist admitted that whoever scheduled me had made a mistake. "They should never have scheduled you if they knew it was for a car accident." Well, they DID schedule me- I WAITED for my appt.- and I PAID my copay. When I pointed out the promisary documents they had provided and I had signed, the receptionist explained that my bills could be "thousands of dollars" and insinuated I would be unable to pay them. I asked her how she could possibly know my income and assume I would not be able to afford my treatment. She had no answer. Please take your health needs elsewhere. This office is not interested in their patients. Not once did anyone ask me about my injuries which were severe and continue to linger. They did not consider me a patient with needs but instead a mistake that had to quietly be hustled out of their office.
Dr. Thompson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1969
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. David A Thompson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDr David Thompson And Dr Lance Lee, 435 Arden Ave Ste 560, Glendale, CA
Dr. David A Thompson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.