Dr. David A Thompson Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. David A Thompson?

A Take Charge Professional

Dr. Thompson is an expert at navigating hospital bureaucracy and a high-level advocate for his patients. He is an excellent communicator and brings his expertise to bear as a commanding force and take charge patient advocate. His years of experience make him a valued resource for his patients.

Please do not see if you expect professional treatment.

I went to Dr. Thompson this afternoon. After waiting over a month for my appt. to approach and an hour in the lobby today, Dr. Thompson REFUSED to see me. My head injury was the result of a car accident, and Dr. Thompson explained that he would not treat me unless I provided a letter from another source promising to pay him. I have full health coverage, and on top of that, I had signed all the paperwork promising payment before I was even seen. I offered to have a letter faxed from my atty. promising funds from the settlement. Even after explaining all of this, Dr. Thompson still refused to see me. When pressed, he did not outline who he expected this letter to come from. He just kept insisting my insurance company would not pay because my injury was due to an accident. (This is not the case. I have clarified with both my insurance company and my attorney.) When prompted, he did not even know my name. He had not bothered to look at the paperwork I had filled out except to see the "car accident" X had been checked. Nor did he let me speak when I calmly explained how long I waited for my appt. with him and how far I had driven to see him and what my neurological needs were. The last thing Dr. Thompson said to me was that the situation was my fault because I "should have told the receptionist when scheduling that my injury was due to an accident." When I assured him that I had done just that, he shook his hands at me and walked away, leaving me to address my concerns with his very embarrassed receptionist and nurses. Eventually, the receptionist admitted that whoever scheduled me had made a mistake. "They should never have scheduled you if they knew it was for a car accident." Well, they DID schedule me- I WAITED for my appt.- and I PAID my copay. When I pointed out the promisary documents they had provided and I had signed, the receptionist explained that my bills could be "thousands of dollars" and insinuated I would be unable to pay them. I asked her how she could possibly know my income and assume I would not be able to afford my treatment. She had no answer. Please take your health needs elsewhere. This office is not interested in their patients. Not once did anyone ask me about my injuries which were severe and continue to linger. They did not consider me a patient with needs but instead a mistake that had to quietly be hustled out of their office.