Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David A Wood has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 21
my wife and I recently moved to the Hamlin area and became patients of Dr Wood. One of the best moves we have ever made. I would hightly recommend Dr Wood to anyone who wants a Doctor who sincerely wants to help you H e thorough, attentive and obviously cares about you. He actually listens to you and shows interest in addressing your concerns. My fear is that he is so good that he might move upward and leave this area.
I am a former patient of Dr Wood from the Laporte area of PA. I hope the residents of Hanlin know what a wonderful and great physician they now have. He did house calls. He did nursing homes. In fact he stayed with my Dad when he was on hospice until 3 in the morning managing his pain and helping my family. He would drive through snow storms to see patients even sometimes risking his own safety. I (we) miss him. He listened. He cared. He was kind. He went the extra mile. I wish he could return but I know in my heart he did not really want to leave I am a registered nurse. I am a patient. There are not many doctors like Dr Wood left. And he talks with you. He does not type into a computer. He makes eye contact. So people in Hanlin, you are very fortunate. Be grateful that Dr Wood has come to your area. God bless you Dr Wood
I don't visit doctors. I am 30 and feel fine. But this one day my heart felt like it was pounding. I walked into Dr Wood's office and he saw me immediately. He examined me quickly and placed me on a heart murmur. My heart rate was about 200. Dr Wood was calm and then he touched my neck and everything returned to normal. My heart rate was normal. I felt normal. He insisted on going to the ER by ambulance. Later, I saw a cardiologist who told me Dr Wood probably saved my life. He just touched my neck. He's my doctor now.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. David A Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHortense Patricia Russell Do, 543 Easton Tpke Ste 105, Lake Ariel, PA
Dr. David A Wood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Ariel, PA.