Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David H Adkins
Dr. David H Adkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Modesto, CA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Adkins is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Los Banos, Doctors Medical Center and Sonora Regional Medical Center. Dr. Adkins has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David H Adkins has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 9
My mother was diagnosed earlier this year with stage four lung cancer. She was weak and on oxygen twenty four seven. She was scared and did not trust the first doctor she went to see. But, then she went to see Dr. Adkins. This man is caring, compassionate and confident. Within a month she was feeling strong again no oxygen tank and walking the mall! I can not say enough about the care my mother is receiving from Dr. Adkins and the Sutter Medical Foundation; they treat her like GOLD. I highly recommend Dr. Adkins, and the Sutter Medical Foundation to anyone searching for help to fight this horrible disease.
Dr. Adkins was my mothers oncologist. His treatment and care far surpassed any doctor we had seen previously. I found him to be extremely caring and compassionate without sugar coating the disease or diagnosis. Cocktails were given and adjusted to her tolerance and livability. Although my mother pasted away just a little over a year ago, our family has nothing but the utmost respect and confidence in Dr. Adkins as a doctor and just a wonderful man with a good soul! Thank you Dr. Adkins for the extra quality time with our mother.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Adkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. David H Adkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSutter Gould Medical Foundation, 600 Coffee Rd, Modesto, CA
Dr. David H Adkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.