Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Adkinson
Dr. David Adkinson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC. He has 6 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Adkinson is affiliated with Walter Reed Army Medical Center, National Naval Medical Center - Bethesda and Dewitt Army Community Hospital, Fort Belvoir. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. David Adkinson has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. David Adkinson has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. David Adkinson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Adkinson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
National Naval Medical Center - Bethesda
Dewitt Army Community Hospital, Fort Belvoir
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute
6 Years Experience
Medical College of Georgia
Graduated in 2007
Dr. David Adkinson Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. David Adkinson's office for more information.
6900 Georgia Ave Washington, DC : (202) 782-3501
Locations & Directions6900 Georgia Ave, Washington, DC
Dr. David Adkinson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.