Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David M Agey has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. David M Agey has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. David M Agey - Posted on July 24th, 2018
I self my husband and two toddlers have seen Dr Agey many times at urgent care and he has impeccable bedside manner is very thorough and is great with kids. My daughter called him the nice doctor even when a finger poke or throat swab is in order because he always makes her laugh and makes her comfortable. He’s a great doctor and I highly recommend him and the staff is wonderful as well
Will not recommend
Self-verified patient of Dr. David M Agey - Posted on November 19th, 2015
Before being diagnosed with mono earlier this year, "Doctor" Agey was convinced it was the flu. Barely spending 5 minutes asking me questions as he is prepping the flu shot (which I had NO symptoms of), kept repeating "it is the flu". Scheduled an appointment with another doctor in the clinic and appropriate testing was done. Few months later, my husband goes in after a minor urinary inflammation which he was told it was due to gravel stones. 1 week later and NO medication, an infection occurred. After yelling few times, he agreed to prescribe to him antibiotics over the phone. His office staff has no sense of communication as 3 different people called 3 different times to read the results which also differed in each conversation. I rather go wait in the emergency room then book an appointment to see him if my life depended on it!
Self-verified patient of Dr. David M Agey - Posted on October 30th, 2011
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. David M Agey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsUNITY POINT CLINIC, 6000 University Ave Ste 101, West Des Moines, IA
Dr. David M Agey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Des Moines, IA.