3.4

Have you seen Dr. David S Ahn?

Great Doctor, Nurse Practitioner and Staff

Wait time to be called can sometimes be long(over 30 min) but the wait is well worth it. The entire staff is very sweet. The doctor and nurse practitioner have excellent bed side manner. They never rush through the visit and take the time to answer questions. My three daughters have been patients here for almost six years and I plan on keeping them with Dr. Ahn's office until they can no longer be seen by a pediatrician.

2-3 hour wait, only to be incredibly disappointed

We were assigned to Doctor Ahn by our mediCal worker. We took our now 4 year old daughter there about five times. Every time we experienced pretty much everything the other reviewers complained about: very long wait in spite of appointment, diagnoses of asthma with no thorough testing, automatic steroid rx, never even seen the doctor, extremely rude staff, etc. In addition to the above experiences, we got dirty looks from the staff when my daughter would start to fuss or complain. Although nurse Battle is great with children, does a thorough exam, and answers questions, she does not listen and is not concerned about any issues besides asthma. I have a genetic medical issue(reflux in the ureters) that will cause kidney failure if not recognized and treated as soon as possible. My mother actually lost a kidney from the condition. I informed nurse Battle every time we visited, and she would say it was not a big concern and they only run tests after the fourth infection. Well my daughter had 4 bladder infections before she reached age 1, and was never sent to be tested. When I had my son, he had to go to the ER At 2 months old for a respiratory infection. His pediatrician Dr. Patel referred him for immediate testing when he diagnosed a bladder infection as well. Sure enough, he has the condition and we were referred to Loma Linda for further treatment and informed how serious the condition is and the urgency of treatment. I was so mad b/c Nurse Battle made me believe the reflux was no big deal. Patel informed me that any child under the age of 2 yrs who gets ONE or more bladder infections must immediately be tested for this condition. Way to go N. Battle, mydaughter is now 4 years old and I am taking her to a real doctor to get checked out AND treated this tues. Why the heck does anyone go here and wait 3 hours just to be seen by a nurse who tells everyone their child has asthma and prescribes harmful steroids? I am thinking Dr Ahn works for the pharmacuetical companies and gets a check to push steroids on everyone? Why is he still practicing and why is the waiting room packed with people willing to wait so long for terrible service?

Don't judge a book by its cover..

Even thought it's a very nice building and office itself and the front staff are people friendly, the doctor is almost never available and the NP is more interested in giving her opinion rather than facts. She prescribed my 4 1/2 month old daughter benadryl for what she said was a common cold. Benadryl is for allergies not a cold. And she is way too young to take any medication especially considering she had no fever. She told me to give her water when according to the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no water to be given to a child under the age of 6 months. Good thing I did my research before hand otherwise had I not known better, like some other parents may not be aware, I would have taken her advice. Her response to me saying the aap does not recommend that was that "well, we do here". I will not have my daughter seen there again.

Feb

Dr Ahn has always reached or exceeded my expectations He takes time to do a through examination of his patients ,He always has time to answer your questions and never seems too busy to really care He is one in a million Thanks Dr Ahn

Horrible!

This Doctor is horrible I dont trust him, everytime I see him he gives a weird look as if he knows you and doesn't like you. Quite judgmentel. Him and his PA are so quick to diagnosed asthma without really looking into it. I questioned him bout his steroid prescriptions and the side affects it gives about stopping growth and altering the kids behavior as they get older. He just looked at me and said the stopping of growth is only temporarily and they should start growing again. I told him- well that's not good either. Then he said what! in a harsh tone as if he was surprised what i said.So i repeated myself and he asked rudely if I have an anxiety disorder.Looking for someone better, I'm changing Doctors ASAP!

Best Doctor Ever!

Dr. Ahn is an amazing Doctor. My children have been patients of his for 5 years. He truly cares about each of his patients. He has taught us so much about health and how to maintain it. He spends a lot of time with us making sure we understand his instruction. He enthusiastically answers all of my questions. We feel so blessed and grateful that we were able to find such an amazing Pediatrician.

Dr. Ahn

Dr.Ahn is worth the wait and has been my children's pediatrician for almost 5 years. He has sat with me and has allowed me to ask questions and he has offered answers beyond what I have asked.The staff/nurses could be a little bit nicer. Some are extremely rude and they seem like they do not want to be there. The time is pretty long considering the young children that are getting restless and that could be better. Overall I do like Dr. Ahn and I would wait the time just to see him!

the staff here are rude, the wait times are extreme,if you make an appointment you will wait at least an hour, then get put in a room for another hour before seeing the nurse. You will never see the doctor. And the prescription for everything steroids. We will be going to a different pediatrician

Who is Dr Ahn??

I have been taking my daughter there for a year and have yet to actually meet the Dr! The PA and nurses are all in a big hurry and pretty rude. They act as though they have never worked with children before !

Should he even have his own practice?????

I recently moved from a state that had excellent healthcare. Doctors nurses and office staff were so friendly always greeted you with a smile. showed concen about your health. Dr. Ahn was recommened to me by a nurse at my ob doctors. I guess becuse i am not a doctor nor nurse mychilderns health is not that important. I have only seen the doctor three times and have been there more than 10 times. His front office staff is so rude they act like you are not even there when signing in. then when you ask questions they stare at you like you are stupid. His assistant looks like she is in pain to work there. does she not like children? everytime i have seen her she looks so mad never has smiled. Feel so uncomfortable. The NPR Battle was quick to tell me my children have asthma. They have gotten worse and just recently seen the Dr. for the Third time monday. I waited an hour and a half then seen the dr for less than 5mins. i was trying to explain my 5month old son was running a fever of 102.5 and it hasn't gone down all day. he said my sn has asthma an a lil cold and keep giving him the steroids they gave a week ago. I just took him to an urgent care dr. and they green boogers and a cough he had actually was an infection not asthma. I talked to someother parents who also said their kids were told they have asthma. THis dr is so quick to say asthma and give steriods to children and when its not working he acts like he dont have time for you and says your child still has asthma. I question is he in this for the passion of making children healthy or just a pay check??? I would ot recommend this dr to ANYONE. Sorry this Dr is horrible and has a horrible staff.

You can't even get to the doctor!

So after waiting for more then an hour, you will go in and see his nurse practitioner, NPR Battle. This woman is pretty awesome. I have had Infinity peds for a few years, and I have only seen the doctor-1 time. He is quick to prescribe steroids, even when my son didn't need it. The office staff is flat out rude. A bunch of bimbos running the office that could care LESS how sick your child is. The one person in Infinity peds I would recommend is NPR Battle. She pays attention to you, is friendly with your children and address's all concerns. if your child is sick, ou might as well take them to urgent care because you'll be there ALLL day during walk-in hours.

Great Doctor

Very nice and great doctor. Helped my child with many problems other doctors ignored. Always 100% accurate.

Dr. David S Ahn is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Apple Valley, CA.