Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Alleva
Dr. David Alleva, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA, with another office in Baton Rouge, LA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Alleva is affiliated with Ochsner Baptist Medical Center, Prevost Memorial Hospital and Greater Baton Rouge Surgical Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David Alleva has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. David Alleva has the following 2 expertise
- Body Imaging
Dr. David Alleva is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Alleva is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ochsner Baptist Medical Center
Prevost Memorial Hospital
Greater Baton Rouge Surgical Hospital
St Elizabeth Hospital
Saint James Parish Hospital
St Helena Parish Hospital CAH
Ochsner Clinic Foundation
Surgical Specialty Hospital
Promise Specialty Hospital of Baton Rouge
St Anne General Hospital
Kenner Regional Medical Center
Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Surgical Specialty Center of Baton Rouge
Our Lady of the Lake Rmc
19 Years Experience
Graduated in 1994
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Alleva in this video.
Dr. David Alleva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.