Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David K Alster
Dr. David K Alster, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ, with another office in Tucson, AZ. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Alster is affiliated with Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center and Northwest Medical Center. Dr. Alster has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. David K Alster has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David K Alster has the following 16 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Geriatric Medicine
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. David K Alster has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I found Dr. Alster to be knowledgeable, efficient, capable and compassionate. I was there for an uncomfortable procedure. He explained each step, kept talking to me throughout each step, and repeatedly asked me if I was OK. I felt I was in competent hands. As for his staff...I only dealt with one this time. I decided to start with a big smile and it did get a better reaction from the staff member, although he still could use some practice in verbal politeness - enthusiasm, even. Wait time was long - 50 minutes past my appt. time. I was getting ready to leave (on principle) when I was called.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Alster is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. David K Alster accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tucson HMOx
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David K Alster in this video.
Dr. David K Alster is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.