Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David J Altman has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. David J Altman has the following 12 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dr. David J Altman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Self-verified patient of Dr. David J Altman - Posted on October 22nd, 2018
Upon recommendation from a friend of mine 14 yrs ago, my son was treated for what was described as a medium condition of acne. Within two visits, his acne was gone! Previously we had been to another dermotologist and he did not even improve upon our son's condition! My husband and I have both been to this practice for various issues and screenings as well; each time we were taken care of promptly, efficiently and accurately. We have only good things to say about Dr. Altman and his practice!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. David J Altman - Posted on January 18th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. David J Altman - Posted on May 1st, 2017
I went to see Dr. Altman for a hair loss problem. When he came into the room he begin to look around my head. He never touched my hair or my head. He looked at me as if I was dirt. I'm a Africian American woman with very good insurance. I will never visit his office again and maybe that's what he wants.
Self-verified patient of Dr. David J Altman - Posted on February 9th, 2017
I visited the office with hopes of getting a growth removed from my wrist. I was told I had 2 options. To come in for a few visits and get treatment or get the prescribed medicine and treat it myself. They asked me where I wanted the medicine to be sent to. There are 2 locations. I went to the Kensington Ave location and was told they don't make the medicine there. I called the Transit Road location and was told nothing was called in for me. Really? The message I'm getting is we really don't care about your medical issue. Just give us all your insurance information. I will not be back!
Self-verified patient of Dr. David J Altman - Posted on September 14th, 2016
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Altman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1992
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. David J Altman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDAVID ALTMAN MD, 8421 Sheridan Dr, Buffalo, NY
Dr. David J Altman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.