Dr. David Altman Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. David Altman?

RACIST

Posted on May 1st, 2017

I went to see Dr. Altman for a hair loss problem. When he came into the room he begin to look around my head. He never touched my hair or my head. He looked at me as if I was dirt. I'm a Africian American woman with very good insurance. I will never visit his office again and maybe that's what he wants.

Not Satisfied

Posted on February 9th, 2017

I visited the office with hopes of getting a growth removed from my wrist. I was told I had 2 options. To come in for a few visits and get treatment or get the prescribed medicine and treat it myself. They asked me where I wanted the medicine to be sent to. There are 2 locations. I went to the Kensington Ave location and was told they don't make the medicine there. I called the Transit Road location and was told nothing was called in for me. Really? The message I'm getting is we really don't care about your medical issue. Just give us all your insurance information. I will not be back!

Posted on September 14th, 2016

Higly regarded. Found my husband's melanoma at a very early stage. Very nice, kind physician.

Knowledgeable and thorough

Posted on July 8th, 2014

Got a complete skin checkup. One sun spot removed without incident. Dr. Altman is tops in his field. Glad I went to see him. Highly recommend. Did not have a long wait. The doctor and his staff were pleasant.

No problems

Posted on May 30th, 2014

The doctor I see there is Dr. Spencer. At this point, I have seen her four times. I've had a couple of procedures and skin checks. From what I can tell, people don't seem to like Dr. Altman, perhaps they should switch to Dr. Spencer. She is very professional and personable and puts you at ease. I really like her. I will agree that the office staff is not overly warm or friendly, and is lacking in personality. However, I cannot say the same for the doctor. I really like her, and I think she knows her stuff. Also, I was in and out in good time. I would recommend Dr. Spencer.

Kept waiting over an hour

Posted on April 26th, 2014

I waited an hour and 15 minutes on my last visit and an hour on my only other two visits, one of which I left because I could not wait any longer. It was easy to get an appointment but that was it.

Posted on February 5th, 2014

Very poor service by the staff, NP and the Doctor.

good experience

Posted on May 30th, 2013

Today, I had an appointment with Dr. Spencer-another physician at this practice. I was seen first by the nurse and then by the doctor. Both were very professional, reassuring and had a great bedside manner. I did not feel rushed, and they listed to me and answered any questions I had. I did have a minor procedure done in the office, and I have nothing negative to say about my experience today. I would recommend this practice.

Not Recommend

Posted on November 27th, 2012

I do not recommend this office for dermatology. My impression of this office was the staff wanted to get the patient in and out (which yes can be nice, but not when taking the patients questions and concerns into account). I have been coming to the Altman office for over 7 years, and this is finally the LAST STRAW. The Nurse Practitioner looked at my face said a few things, did not discuss the medication she was providing me- asked no questions about my skin type, how I have reacted to previous medications etc. Come to find out ($90 later) the medication prescribed to me i had previously taken had caused pealing of my skin (horrendously) where no moisturizer helped. The oral medication had caused severe acid reflux, and I had to be taken off of it. My overall rating of this office and their staff is very poor. I cannot stress enough the importance of having a doctor who shows interest and concern with their patients. This office did not provide appropriate service and care that is expected at any doctors office.

Posted on February 6th, 2012

-Spent 30 minutes or more waiting in the *exam room*-Doctor's first comments were about how close I was to an albino. Yes, thanks, because I don't already know how pale I am and even though I've seen many paler people let's continue commenting on how I clearly have no pigment in my skin despite having color.-Went in for full body mole examination and had to point out worrisome moles as he didn't even bother to check everywhere.-When he did find a mole that should be removed he referred me to a plastic surgeon which isn't covered by my insurance as hardly any are. I was really confused as how he could not do it himself. I will be going elsewhere immediately for a proper check up.

Posted on November 16th, 2011

Dr. Altman is courteous and attentive. However, his nurses are rude and demeaning. Don't make a late appointment, because they want to go home at 5:00. He needs to clean house. His staff makes him look bad.

Posted on October 30th, 2011

I had an appointment with Dr. Altman for hair loss. Dr Altman never examined my scalp and acted as if he was afraid to touch me. I am an African American woman. I was asked to put on a gown, expecting for Dr. Altman to examine my skin but he never did. I have excellent health insurance, and know how well doctors are compensated. Dr. Altman needs to treat all patients equally, and improve his social skills. I will never go back to that office, and will not recommend his service to anyone.