3.4

Have you seen Dr. David J Altman?

Excellent Dermotologist

Upon recommendation from a friend of mine 14 yrs ago, my son was treated for what was described as a medium condition of acne. Within two visits, his acne was gone! Previously we had been to another dermotologist and he did not even improve upon our son's condition! My husband and I have both been to this practice for various issues and screenings as well; each time we were taken care of promptly, efficiently and accurately. We have only good things to say about Dr. Altman and his practice!!

Very Satisfied

Addressed my problem promptly and efficiently. Dr. Altman used liquid nitrogen to flatten down a dermatofibroma on upper arm that had been bothering me for some time. I didn't have to wait too long and was in and out of his office in just over one hour.

RACIST

I went to see Dr. Altman for a hair loss problem. When he came into the room he begin to look around my head. He never touched my hair or my head. He looked at me as if I was dirt. I'm a Africian American woman with very good insurance. I will never visit his office again and maybe that's what he wants.

Not Satisfied

I visited the office with hopes of getting a growth removed from my wrist. I was told I had 2 options. To come in for a few visits and get treatment or get the prescribed medicine and treat it myself. They asked me where I wanted the medicine to be sent to. There are 2 locations. I went to the Kensington Ave location and was told they don't make the medicine there. I called the Transit Road location and was told nothing was called in for me. Really? The message I'm getting is we really don't care about your medical issue. Just give us all your insurance information. I will not be back!

Higly regarded. Found my husband's melanoma at a very early stage. Very nice, kind physician.

No problems

The doctor I see there is Dr. Spencer. At this point, I have seen her four times. I've had a couple of procedures and skin checks. From what I can tell, people don't seem to like Dr. Altman, perhaps they should switch to Dr. Spencer. She is very professional and personable and puts you at ease. I really like her. I will agree that the office staff is not overly warm or friendly, and is lacking in personality. However, I cannot say the same for the doctor. I really like her, and I think she knows her stuff. Also, I was in and out in good time. I would recommend Dr. Spencer.

Kept waiting over an hour

I waited an hour and 15 minutes on my last visit and an hour on my only other two visits, one of which I left because I could not wait any longer. It was easy to get an appointment but that was it.

Very poor service by the staff, NP and the Doctor.

good experience

Today, I had an appointment with Dr. Spencer-another physician at this practice. I was seen first by the nurse and then by the doctor. Both were very professional, reassuring and had a great bedside manner. I did not feel rushed, and they listed to me and answered any questions I had. I did have a minor procedure done in the office, and I have nothing negative to say about my experience today. I would recommend this practice.

Not Recommend

I do not recommend this office for dermatology. My impression of this office was the staff wanted to get the patient in and out (which yes can be nice, but not when taking the patients questions and concerns into account). I have been coming to the Altman office for over 7 years, and this is finally the LAST STRAW. The Nurse Practitioner looked at my face said a few things, did not discuss the medication she was providing me- asked no questions about my skin type, how I have reacted to previous medications etc. Come to find out ($90 later) the medication prescribed to me i had previously taken had caused pealing of my skin (horrendously) where no moisturizer helped. The oral medication had caused severe acid reflux, and I had to be taken off of it. My overall rating of this office and their staff is very poor. I cannot stress enough the importance of having a doctor who shows interest and concern with their patients. This office did not provide appropriate service and care that is expected at any doctors office.

-Spent 30 minutes or more waiting in the *exam room*-Doctor's first comments were about how close I was to an albino. Yes, thanks, because I don't already know how pale I am and even though I've seen many paler people let's continue commenting on how I clearly have no pigment in my skin despite having color.-Went in for full body mole examination and had to point out worrisome moles as he didn't even bother to check everywhere.-When he did find a mole that should be removed he referred me to a plastic surgeon which isn't covered by my insurance as hardly any are. I was really confused as how he could not do it himself. I will be going elsewhere immediately for a proper check up.

Dr. Altman is courteous and attentive. However, his nurses are rude and demeaning. Don't make a late appointment, because they want to go home at 5:00. He needs to clean house. His staff makes him look bad.

Dr. David J Altman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.

Dr. David J Altman Is this you?