Dr. David B Arkin Jr Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. David B Arkin Jr?

Dr. Arkin has been my doctor since 2009. I would recommend him to anyone who needs an endocrinologist.

Excellant Doctor

I went to Dr. Arkin after many years searching for a doctor who would work with me on managing my thyroid disease. He listened to me and adjusted my medicine until he found the correct dosage for me. He explained my disease to me in detail so I understood what to watch out for and expect. I am so thrilled to have found such a wonderful doctor after 15 years of searching. I recommend him to anyone who wants a doctor who cares.

Think twice!

The Dr. seemed knowledgeable enough, but the supporting staff is awful. And unfortunately most of your time is spent with them. A recent blood test turned into a nightmare. A test that normally takes 1 to 2 day turn around went into 8 days and it would have been longer if not for me escalating it to a manager. I had called the doctors office 5 times without a return call. After escalating my issue to the office manager, it didn't get much better. After several excuses, ie labs can take 10 to 12 business days for results (my result had been back after 2 days), the Dr left early, the nurse went to a funeral, etc. Not one apology, but perhaps the nurse should have returned my call. They lacked professionalism, compassion and dedication. By the way, the office manager said to decrease my meds by half....no discussion regarding the results. I'm just not accustomed to this type of service!

Happy Patient

I have been going to Dr. Arkin for about 25 years. He has truly saved me. Not only with the treatments for Thyroid Disease.... But he has helped me when other Physicians were giving me the run around by referring me to the right people. He is kind and patient.... and takes time to ensure that all your questions and worries are addressed. He goes above and beyond. I have changed my family doctor and various other specialist over the years.... But Dr. Arkin is one I could not begin to replace. He's the best!

I think there was a misunderstanding with the office manager and she told Dr. Arkin something terrible about me to him. He then Dismissed me from his office.....I was devastated, shocked and confused....I do not know what I could have done so terrible the doctor was prescribing a med that his office injected me with but he said I was abusing the drug???How could this be as his office staff gave me the injection?A poor choice on Dr. Arkin's part humiliating and sloppy as he had labs to support I was not doing anything inappropriate it lends me to think he's a little arrogant, But I could be wrong and this whole thing is just a misunderstanding

I've been going to Dr Arkin for 20 years and in my book he is the best endocrinologist in Georgia. Always takes his time and answers all of your questions. Dr Arkin's medical Assistant (Nicole)goes out of her way to help.

great Doc

Very thorough, spends time to go over diagnoses pro and con of a situation, best solutions in a caring and efficient manner..

Exceptional in Every Way!

I have been a patient of Dr. Arkin's since my arrival to Atlanta over twelve years ago. He treats both myself and my son for all of our diabetic needs, and then some. He is very helpful and caring and would not think of changing doctors for any amount of money. I have moved quite a distance from his office in Lawrenceville, but he sees me in his Duluth office every three months. It is still quite a drive for me but he is definitely worth it. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a professional to guide them in excellent care. The best! ..and I've been to a few of the not-so-greats in my day. Can I brag before saying goodbye? I have had diabetes for over 35 years and not one complication yet. Now that says it all! Good luck and great health.

DR. ARKIN HAS BEEN MY DOCTOR FOR MY DIABETES SINCE 1996 AND HE IS VERY COURTEOUS, THOROUGH, ANSWERS ANY OF MY QUESTIONS, AND VERY PLEASANT.HIS NURSE, NICOLE, IS VERY HELPFUL, ALSO.

Difficult diagnosis of Cushing's disease

Upon meeting with Dr. Arkin for the first time, I left a bit disappointed. I was referred by my PCP who strongly suspected some type of endocrine related condition. Dr. Arkin did not originally suspect a cause for my severe obesity other than poor diet and lack of exercise, but suggested conducting some simple tests to rule out Cushing's disease. Upon receiving the test results he suspected that I might have the rare disorder. He then conducted more tests and finally an MRI. The MRI showed a large tumor on my pituitary gland. He then referred me to Dr. Oyesiku at Emory Hospital for surgery to cure Cushing's disease. I have since had surgery and my tumor tested positive for secretion of ACTH- confirming Dr. Arkin's diagnosis. I have had symptoms of this disease for over 10 years and have been ignored by doctors for just as long. Finally, Dr. Arkin went through the trouble to run a couple of tests which may have ultimately saved my life. Although his bedside manor may not be the best, he is a very competent endocrinologist and that is just what I needed in this case.

Best endocrinologist!

He is very thorough, and caught several problems that some other doctors had missed. I highly recommend him.