Dr. David Aronsson Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

WORST orthopedic surgeon EVER!!!

Posted on April 13th, 2013

This Doctor is definitely the WORST orthopedic surgeon EVER!!! My family trusted this man for years with the care of my daughters hip dysplasia . HUGE mistake! Fletcher Allen needs to get feedback from his patients. I'd bet my life he wouldn't have a job!! Any parents looking for a real doctor contact Dr. Millis/or Dr.Karlin ( Boston's Children's Hospital )

HORRIBLE!!!

Posted on September 4th, 2011

My son was born with bilateral clubfoot and had surgery on both feet at age 7 months at All Children's Hospital in Florida. We moved to VT in 2002 and my son began seeing Dr. Aronsson. My first impression, and continuing impression, was that he was a flake. However, my pediatrician, even though he agreed with my personal opinion about his personality, assured me he was a fine surgeon. My son ended up needing a triple arthrodesis 2 years ago. His care at Fletcher Allen was substandard and his after-care with Dr. Aronsson has been substandard as well. At our last follow-up, approximately 5 months ago, he told me my son's foot was fine, he was not having continued pain, and implied that my son was faking. I witnessed my son every day limping after any amount of walking or standing, and it had also began to effect his hip and knees as he was over-compensating because of the foot pain. I went back to my pediatrician and demanded another physician. We were sent to Dartmouth (first rate hospital) and were informed that the triple arthrodesis had not healed. There are three bones on the top of the foot that are fused together. The metal bone had never healed and, in fact, now has developed arthritis on both sides of it. We go back to Dartmouth this month (9/11) for an MRI to see how much damage there is, whether it can be repaired by booting or casting the foot, or if he will need another surgery. After my son's surgery we saw this doctor more than a dozen times and even though I continued to insist something was wrong, he blew me off and insisted "x-rays" don't lie. Well I guess he should learn to "read" an x-ray. The same x-rays taken at Dartmouth clearly showed the middle bone was "dropped", "unhealed", and you could see the arthritic changes!!! If you put yourself or a loved on in this man's hands, you are going to regret it as I do and as my son will the rest of his life!!! He will be facing a life of surgeries and continued pain, something that this triple arthrodesis was supposed to prevent!!!

Mis-diagnosed-now facing surgery

Posted on February 4th, 2011

I took my 2 year old daughter to see him because of concerns about her walking. He was very rushed, hard to understand, said my daughter "did not want to be examed" on report when I remember her being very cooperative and in the end he brushed off my concerns. My daughter was FINALLY diagnosed with progressive scoliosis a year later, if she had been diagnosed at that appointment she would have had a chance for full correction, now she is facing a childhood of casting/bracing and painful surgeries. He never even looked at her back. Do not listen to this doctor! Get a second opinion, wish I had.

Posted on June 30th, 2016