Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Atkins
Dr. David A Atkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lynnwood, WA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Atkins is affiliated with Evergreen Hospital Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center-Cherry Hill Campus and Whidbeyhealth Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. David A Atkins has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.<br>These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
Dr. David A Atkins has the following 6 expertise
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
Dr. Atkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Dr. David A Atkins accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Locations & DirectionsRADIA INC, 19020 33rd Ave W Ste 210, Lynnwood, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Atkins, MD - Diagnostic Radiology in Lynnwood, WA, in this video.
Dr. David A Atkins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lynnwood, WA.