More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David B Levine has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 11
We heard about Dr. Levine from some friends when we were looking to change pediatricians. Our son has had some issues that we wanted to discuss, and Dr. Levine gave us some questionnaires to fill out prior to our visit. He reviewed them before we came in and spent about 40 minutes discussing everything, and answering our concerns. My wife and I were very pleased and are continuing to see him. He even called us a few weeks after to check in and see how our son was doing. You don't hear about doctors calling to just "check in" much anymore.
We scheduled to meet Dr. Boodish as a possible pediatrician for my baby. Instead, we had to meet Dr Levine, who spent the whole time talking about his opinion on vaccines and the office policy. My child was in a car seat facing away the whole time. When Dr Levine was already at the door walking out, I asked if he could look at my baby's forehead. He glanced from where he was standing and tokd me it's cradle cap and to put tea tree oil on it. I later regretted these last 10 secs of our visit. I should have just asked another mom. Later I receiced a bill from the office charging me for a 'complete and thorough examination.' Dr Levine told me on the phone that he technically examined my baby (looked for a second from the entryway) and gave me treatment advice (tea tree oil). He is an excellent and persuasive talker, and is skillful at blowing his merits out of proportion. Needless to say, I never went back.
I find all the docs in the practice to be equally good. Dr. Levine was very courteous and my child took to him very well. We have seen him several times and have told some friends to seek him out, especially since they have little boys themselves and were looking for a male pediatrician. He has been an excellent addition to an already excellent practice.
I can't seem to establish the same comfort level with him as I do with the other doctors in the practice. Boodish, mangru, and Shii are incredibel doctors. Dr. Levine is just OK.He comes off as more concerned about having to work on holidays, etc. than his patients. Also some of the office fees here are ridiculous.Many doctors don't even charge extra for phsyical forms for school. This practice charges $20 PER CHILD on top of your copayment.
12 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. David B Levine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSummit Medical Group, 1 Diamond Hill Rd, Berkeley Heights, NJ
Dr. David B Levine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley Heights, NJ.