Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Lim
Dr. David J Lim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with other offices in Houston, TX and Houston, TX . He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Lim is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Womans Hospital Texas. He speaks English.
Dr. David J Lim has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
My PCP referred me to Dr. Lim after examining me for a large Hydrocele. I made an appointment with Dr. Lim, who has an office convenient to my drive to work.The doctor examined me and explained in very clear terms what the problem and solution was for my Hydrocele. Surgery was scheduled for approx. 2 weeks later. The Day Surgery took place as scheduled and I had 5 days to recuperate before returning to work. Dr. Lim explained the recovery process very clearly to me and my wife. I set a follow-up appt. for one week after surgery, as he suggested. It has been 6 days since the surgery. The swelling and pain are both gone and I am no longer on pain meds. I would recommend Dr. Lim to anyone in need of a well qualified, professional Urologist. He has offices in a couple of locations to make it convenient for his patients.
Dr. Lim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1987
Dr. David J Lim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. David J Lim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.