3.0

Have you seen Dr. David B Odonnell?

Go to anyone else

I called to make an appointment and was happy I got in the next day. I then had to wait over two hours past my appointment time to see him. He only spent about five minutes with me, was very rude the entire time, and I had to call several times for them to actually send in my prescription. I thought maybe it was a bad day, this is the standard. I saw him three times with the same results. I will be going elsewhere. My main question is why schedule so many appointments if you're constantly running two hours behind?

Not a very professional experience when you call to make an appointment or change one. Completely overbook so plan on at least 2 hours to be seen for 2 minutes

Great Doc

Dr O'Donnell is amazing. He always come up with a diagnosis that I never would of thought of and it's always right! Every issue I've had over the years has been taken care of quickly. He also has a great bedside manner, I highly recommend him!

1 Staff very rude, Doctor Followed up rude nurse. I will not be back

1 Staff very rude, Doctor Followed up rude nurse. I will not be back

Great Experience ... Knowledgeable Doctor

I did not have a long wait despite the waiting room being full. The staff was very courteous. The Doctor was very knowledgeable and to the point. I felt in very confident hands and with his 26 years experience I was even more at ease. He performed the removal of a Cancerous patch just below my temple. After sometime the scarring has disappeared. I recommend Dr. O'Donnell, he is very experienced and it was a quick and a painless experience. He knows his business. He answered any and all questions I had.

Will never return

Absolutely the worst medical expereince I have ever had. Doctor lacks any sensitivity to patient care. I started treatment for skin cancer and literally he started treatment without any explanations and said to trust his medical expertise. Doc excessively uses nitrogen freeze can - areas turn into huge blisters. I have since been to another dermatolgist and same treatment was done resulting in smaller blisters. Business Atmosphere is very poor. Waiting room is packed with people and normal wait time is 1 3/4 hours. TV playing in waiting room is used for skin product advertisement. Staff as equally as rude and arrogant. I have since talked to many in the community and was shocked how many of my friends or their friends had visiting Dr. David O'Donnell and had very similar experiences. I wish I had done my research on this physican as it would have saved me much anxiety and stress!

condensending attitude towards patient

I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone. He is arrogant, condensending and disrespectful of your time. The average wait time in his office is one hour +. When I had a squamous cell removed from my elbow area I turned my head for a moment to observe and he very sarcastically said "If I wanted anyone to watch what I was doing, I would have put a mirror on the ceiling!" Very unprofessional. I will not be going back.

STAY AWAY - don't ever step foot in his office - BAD NEWS

Doctor did not communicate. Horrible experience. I was in the middle of talking with him when he walked out the door after blasting my face and leaving HUGE RED BLISTERS on both sides of my face. A spiteful, uncaring, arrogant, non-caring money grabber. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again.

Good dermatologist, well educated.

I was his patient for years and he was always accurate and helpful in trying to find the best treatments for my chronic skin problems. I no longer live in Saginaw, so I don't see him anymore, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to family or friends in the area.

Screwed Me Over Badly...

Not recommended! If you want the facts about Dr. David O'Donnell's office and what happened to me, take 5 minutes to read this and save yourself hours of trouble and 1000s of dollars.I went in to have 4 moles and one dermatofibroma (DF) removed at a cost of $730. I got another bill for 4 surgical pathology exams by "O'donnell for $340. I got another bill for $400 for 5 more "surgical pathologies" (medical code 88305,) because O'Donnell's office had to "legally" (their words not mine) send the samples off for examination at some medical center I've never heard of (although I was paying O'Donnell for the same exact "exams.") Next, I get another bill on a University of Michigan letterhead for $225 for a "microslide consultation (88321) from a guy whose name I can't pronounce. So, for this 30-40 minutes of the doctor's time I had to pay out $1500! When I first called to make an appointment I let the staff know that if were going to cost anything like $7-800 I'd prefer to wait. And guess what? He MISSED the (DF)! He must have gotten a small piece of it but it was definitely still there and the same size as before. So I made another appointment to have it removed. He looked at it, agreed, and scheduled me for another appointment. I was like, "I told your staff on the I needed it out. Why should I have to come back? I'm not going to have to pay for today's visit, am I? O'Donnell told me I wouldn't. A few weeks later I get the $80 bill! I looked through the medical codes and they say that you may not charge a patient for an office visit unless if 2 of the 3 following items are met: medical history discussed, examination performed, medical advice given. O'Donnell did NONE of that, yet they charged me. When I called to complain the staff (who are very unorganized, unknowledgeable, unwilling to discuss virtually anything, and not too friendly, BTW) told me, "I know my doctor. He would never say that. So now I'm being lied to! I went back to finally get the DF removed. $820 he charged EVEN THOUGH he charged me for it the first time! And the thing was the size of a pea but the charge was for an OVER 2.6 cm repair. Then he sent it to the same place for a $150 pathology exam (88305, my tenth time paying this fee, and second time on the same exact DF, BTW). However, he didn't sent it to the third place this time nor did he examine it himself. Inconsistent and sketchy. Since my office visit didn't even qualify for an office visit I demanded the $80 as well as half of the total $1115 pathology examinations/slide consultations be removed because only half of them were necessary. O'Donnell owes me. Since "Doctor doesn't take phone calls" (staff's wording...figures he doesn't take phone calls, right?) I was forced to write a letter. My letter said that if they credit me $400 and promise by a "simple letter" that there are no extra charges it will be the end of it and I won't write any online reviews (I'm not the type of person who says that kind of thing either!) They sent no letter but after a couple weeks I got a phone call and a measly $80 credit. I SHOULD have gotten a $1400 edit because I paid a total of $2745.In my letter I threatened to write a factual review online unless if they credited me the measly $400. They didn't do it. I mean, $400 to have me not write this review is a pretty good deal for them. Now they're going to lose business. Most people probably don't even notice they're being overcharged. Well I noticed. I even gave them a chance to come clean but since they played dirty I'm holding true to my word about writing the review.Actually, I did not want to spend the time writing this because it's a bad memory for me. There's one thing I forgot to mention: there's still a HUGE, RED scar on my leg where the DF was. It's over an inch long, red, and bulging. Whenever I see the scar I'm reminded of how I was mistreated and overcharged. Don't make the same mistakes as me.

Highly recommend!

Very nice doctor and staff...would recommend to anyone needing a good dermatologist.

Dr.O'Donnells staff was excellent. Dr O'Donnell himself was horrible. I am not saying in any way he is a unintelligent man but his bedside manner with my young child was horrendous. As a medical professional myself I have never been treated with such disrespect. He wouldn't listen to me and made all sorts of wrong assumptions about my child and myself. I normally do not care about bedside manner for myself but treating children takes a certain amount of finesse and patience. He had none. When he walked into the room he wanted my young child to disrobe immediately to do his examination... when my child voiced he was uncomfortable because Dr. O'Donnell was a "stranger" Dr. O'Donnell just said he was a "busy dermatologist" and walked out of the room. After 30 minutes he returned. The rest of the appointment wasn't much better. He was very condescending. Needless to say I will NOT be returning to that office ever again and I will be contacting my regular physician to inform him of our horrible treatment and recommend he does not send any children to Dr. O'Donnell.

Dr. David B Odonnell is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Saginaw, MI.

Dr. David B Odonnell Is this you?