Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David B Owens
Dr. David B Owens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shawnee, KS, with another office in Lansing, KS. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Owens is affiliated with Menorah Medical Center and St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Owens has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David B Owens has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. David B Owens has the following 13 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. David B Owens is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
Dr.Owens makes you feel comfortable and is able to answer any questions thoroughly. He delivered my son and it was a very positive experience! I couldn't have hoped for it to go any better. I've also seen Dr.Sorelis and Dr.Weaver in the Lansing Specialists in Women's Care office. I'd definitely recommend any of the 3 of them. The nurses and receptionists are wonderful as well. They're able to get you in quickly when you call and the wait time in the office is minimal. The Drs keep track of prior visits so they know your medical history when you come in. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
I have been going to Dr. Owens for 30 years and he has had the same nurse for a long time. They have both always given me the best care which is why I keep going back to see them. Everyone in the office is helpful and friendly. I couldn't ask for better service and am so grateful that they are there for me. I always get a call back when I call. Thank you for the many years of excellent care.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Owens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. David B Owens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David B Owens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shawnee, KS.