- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David B Rice has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. David B Rice has the following 25 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Penile Induration (Peyronie's Disease)
- Penile Prostheses
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urinary Bladder Outlet Obstruction
- Testicular Cancer (Seminoma)
- Bladder Issues
- Testicular Hydrocele
- Elevated Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Neurogenic Urinary Bladder
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Kidney Cancer
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Kidney Stones
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Graduated in 1990
Dr. David B Rice Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- First Health PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. David B Rice
Dr. David Rice is a board certified urologist and founding member of Idaho Urologic Institute. Dr. Rice specializes in the treatment of prostate cancer; kidney and bladder cancer; bladder outlet obstruction; kidney stones; vaginal vault prolapse and prosthetic urology. A skilled surgeon, Dr. Rice is also one of the most experienced urologists in robotic surgery in the state of Idaho. He also specializes in minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Rice is a graduate of the University of Kansas with a degree in molecular and cellular biology. He completed his medical degree at the University of Kansas and his internship and residency at Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Oregon. He is a member of the American Urological Association, the Idaho Medical Association, the Ada County Medical Society (having also served as past president), Washington Urologic Society and the Northwest Urologic Society. He is also a diplomate of the American Board of Urology. Dr. Rice has medical privileges at St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Centers, Boise and Nampa; and St. Luke's Regional Medical Centers, Boise and Meridian; Southwest Advanced Care Hospital; and Vibra Hospital of Boise.