Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David B Sanford
Dr. David B Sanford, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Pearland, TX. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sanford is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Continuing Care Hospital, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David B Sanford has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David B Sanford has the following 27 expertise
- Hodgkin Disease
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Disorders
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Brain Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
Dr. David B Sanford has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David B Sanford is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have gone to Dr. David Sanford since 1999. In my mind, he saved my life and so far gave me 15 extra years. He is quiet and a little shy, but I have no doubts of the extreme knowledge he carries with him into every patient's room. He treats the sickest patients. I'm sure he becomes sad and discouraged at times, but he told me success stories, like mine, keep him going. He is concerned, patient, and NEVER gives false hope. Since my stem cell transplant, I have had 5 grandchildren, published a novel, and traveled the world. Dr. David Sanford is my hero.
Dr. Sanford is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1988
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. David B Sanford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David B Sanford in this video.
Dr. David B Sanford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.