Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David B Wait has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. David B Wait has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. David B Wait has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. David B Wait is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Wait has been a good choice for me. I was seeing another doctor for seven years, and for insurance reasons had to leave him. Dr. Wait is one of the few in the area that accepts Medicare, but that aside, he has been attentive and supportive. Yes, he is direct and to the point. Med management is the main reason I go to him, but at the same time, I have a good relationship with him. If you are looking for someone to poor your heart out too, find a Therapist, not a Psychiatrist.
Dr Wait hasn't been helpful in my treatment at all. In the beginning I believed him to be helpful but as our treatment continued to be less and less helpful. I felt he did not listen to me or take my concerns seriously. I will not recommend him and now have a psychiatrist that actually listens to me and my recovery is finally getting somewhere.
I have been a patient of Dr Wait for at least 10 years. I didn't choose him and wouldn't recommend him. When my psychiatrist died they gave my files to him and I never felt that he was actually interested in helping me. It was all about finding medication and he has prescribed at least 10 different ones. I have found that he is concern about just giving you medication and not telling you about other options. He's very smug in his approach and doesn't really seem to listen or later it seems to be more about how many appointments he can get. The last straw was when I went to see him...desperately seeking help. It was obvious that I was severely depressed. But he looked on the computer and gave me a 9 question screening that anyone could do...and then said "yep..you're depressed". that was the final straw I'm looking for someone else.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
31 Years Experience
Sanford School Of Medicine The University Of South Dakota
Graduated in 1987
University Hospital Of Arkansas
Dr. David B Wait accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David B Wait in this video.
Dr. David B Wait is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coeur D Alene, ID.