Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David B Walker has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David B Walker has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Davidian is the best of all Dentists I have ever been to. I am 68 years old and have feared the dentist all my life. After coming to him I look forward to my appointments. Honestly, no more tears, worries, or feeling like I haven't done my best at keeping my teeth clean enough. He is cheerful and happy and very, very patient. Great Staff too.
Our entire family has been patients of Sedation Dental for over 8 years. Interestingly- none of us require sedation. We chose this practice because my husband had a dental emergency and after calling many dentists- Dr. Davidian was able to work us in. His entire staff has not changed in the 8 years we have been patients which means a lot to us. Today I saw Dr. Walker to have a cavity filled. Dr. Walker explained that I could choose numbing or go without and the pro's and con's of each. I chose not to have the area numbed and experienced minor discomfort- equivalent to biting into an ice cream cone. Dr. Walker has a very calm and kind demeanor. My children also had their hygiene appointments. The staff is always on time and does an excellent job.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
12 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. David B Walker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David B Walker in this video.
Dr. David B Walker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.