Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David W Bacastow MD
Dr. David W Bacastow has 2 locations
1010 Prince Ave Ste 115
Athens, GA 30606
Dr. David W Bacastow has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. David W Bacastow has the following 19 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain (Arthralgia)
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Surgery
Dr. David W Bacastow is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
from bad to worse
Self-verified patient of Dr. David W Bacastow - Posted on May 18th, 2017
Dr. Bacastow did an arthroplasty on my knee. My knee was just bad before the surgery and quickly turned to worse. If you have any post-op problems...good luck...because you'll definitely need it! Oh, and also expect to wait in his office for over a hour in the exam room before he decides to show his face! No respect for the time of others.
Self-verified patient of Dr. David W Bacastow - Posted on November 10th, 2015
Carefully considered approach
Self-verified patient of Dr. David W Bacastow - Posted on October 26th, 2015
I am a professional pianist and taught piano at the university level for 40 years. During the last 6 or 7 years, I've been seen by Dr. Bacastow for a frozen right shoulder and a partial (c. 25%) tear in the left rotator cuff. The physical therapy approach recommended to me worked very well in both cases. The frozen shoulder has remained symptom free for several years. After several years of treating the rotator cuff with physical therapy, Dr. Bacastow operated on my rotator cuff in May 2015. I was in a sling for 4 days. Range of motion in the shoulder improved very quickly. My prognosis is good IF I keep doing the required physical therapy exercises. My piano playing was never negatively affected with the physical therapy or the surgery. I have great confidence in Dr. Bacastow's ability.
Thoughtful, detail oriented doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. David W Bacastow - Posted on October 14th, 2011
5 surgeries later...cant recommend highly enough
Self-verified patient of Dr. David W Bacastow - Posted on January 4th, 2011
I had Dr Bacastow for my torn labrum (shoulder), 3 elbow (each side needed repair), and quad tendon rupture. Cant say enough about his professionalism, knowledge and expertise. He diagnosed my torn quad tendon in 10 seconds simply by palpating it! My primary physician said he is the best in Athens and many doctor's use him. Cant recommend highly enough--plus Turk (his primary nurse) is amazing!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
40 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of South Alabama Health System
Dr. David W Bacastow Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David W Bacastow, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Athens, GA, in this video.
Dr. David W Bacastow is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Athens, GA.