Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David M Baratz has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chest Infection
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 19
Excellent dr. He never rushes the visit and makes sure I understand everything that's going on with my disease. We have discussed some very difficult subjects relating to very severe copd and he tells me everything I need to know but in a way im not scared to death and want to fight this disease even harder..great Doc!!! .
Dr. Baratz and his practitioner are excellent. They spent considerable time with me and patiently answered any and all questions thoroughly and plainly. Dr. Baratz was able to quickly analyze my situation and proscribe a successful course of action. He has earned my trust and respect, and I highly recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Baratz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. David M Baratz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Associates Pa, 1112 E McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. David M Baratz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.