Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David A Beatty has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Back Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have been seeing Dr. Beatty for almost two years now and my back is worse than ever. Here is my story. Dr. Beatty ordered a MRI of my back which confirmed herniated disc with spinal stenosis ( on the side I initially said was extremely painful). He started me off on very low narcotics and advised I go under flouroscopy to get spinal injections. The second injection he gave me my back has never hurt so bad day to day. The sad part is when I told him this he never apologized or even addressed the matter at all. Terrible bedside manners. I know much about the medical field because I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist at a Level 2 trauma center. The appointment after the second injection he said I had to see a spinal surgeon, and in the meantime he was going to cut my pain meds in half (so my back is bad enough for surgery but you are not willing to make me comfortable?!). I see the spinal surgeon Dr. Caudwell which I could smell rookie all over him. He did not even review the x-rays with me that they took the day of the appointment with him. A few days after this appointment I call Dr. Beatty for a refill on my medicine. I go to get it filled but the pharmacy said it was too early, so I called Dr. Beatty to tell him what was going on. He then proceeds to once again cut my medication in half for no obvious reason at all. Keep in mind I am a health care professional that works 12-16 hour shifts, I have been very responsible with my medication for about two years, and now he basically threw me out the door. Don't go to this guy.
Good Dr. if he was learn everything about his patients, slow down a hair, and hear everything that I tell him then we would have a five star Dr. His nurse and some staff need A Lot of improvement by being calm, professional, and work with patients be more understanding. They are very rude right now.
Dr. Beatty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. David A Beatty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Sports Medicine Center, 2310 California Rd, Elkhart, IN
Dr. David A Beatty is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Elkhart, IN.