Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David D Benage has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 11
I will never use this Dr again. I went for my first Colonoscopy. I asked Janice and Michelle who would be in the procedure room with me. I was told the Dr, anesthesiologist And nurse and that's it.The Dr allowed a young male scribe to be in the procedure room two feet from the end of my exam table being able to see everything including me (Female) naked. I tried to explain my feelings and the Dr kept talking over me. I was so embarrassed I couldn't speak and just shut up. It was such an invasion of my privacy and I still feel the humiliation from it after a few months. The kid was the last thing I saw as I laid on my side for the Dr and being put under. Everything about it was wrong. I doubt I will ever have one again. Thanks for a horrible experience.
Single best doctor I've run across. Thorough, focused, caring, down to earth - very relaxed. Knows how to put a patient at ease. The only doctor I've ever met who makes it clear that he has your back, and you believe that he really does. I've never heard so much as a "I'll do my best" from ANY other doctor I've seen; with Dr. Benage you get that level of assurance and more. He recently performed a colonoscopy and endoscopy on me. It was without a doubt the best medical experience I've ever had. Everyone involved was very thorough, professional, and genuinely caring. They each introduced themselves and explained their role in the procedure/process. They answered all my questions politely, thoroughly, and without all the chaos and rush I've experienced in other similar situations. Even the receptionist seemed very polished and knowledgeable, and proactively explained all that I needed to be aware of insurance-wise. I felt very much like I was in good hands right from the start. I can't say I've ever felt that way before with any doctor or any procedure. Most of the time in these situations I feel like I'm a farm animal being treated by a vet. Not so with Dr. Benage's team. I really felt like they were treating me great care - as if I were someone in their own family. If there were one doctor I would point to for others to emulate, it would be Dr. Benage. Since I've now experienced what a good doctor is like, I'm looking to trade out all my other doctors in hopes that there are other specilists as good as Dr. Benage.
34 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. David D Benage accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGateway Gastroenterology, 121 Saint Lukes Center Dr Ste 406, Chesterfield, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David D Benage in this video.
Dr. David D Benage is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.