Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David J Bencie has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David J Bencie has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. David J Bencie has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Bencie is great, but the office is poorly managed. Each person does their own thing and they do not seem to work together. I truly wonder if Dr. Bencie is aware of how unprofessional and how poor the customer service is in his office. It's great place for people who do not have ongoing medical problems or expect anything outside the actual visit.
I thoroughly trust Dr Bencies experience and knowledge. The staff at the Scalp Ave office where I go are wonderful. I am allowed to elaborate on my condition and have never felt rushed, he inturn has asked more questions and ran tests to accurately diagnose anything I have needed. My family transferred to the Johnstown area and I am glad we found him.
He never spends much time with pts.; his hand is always on the door knob to leave. You wait in the room to be seen while you hear the Dr. conversing with the nurse, etc., outside your room. They talk about vacation, family, etc. Meanwhile, your appt. is dragging on because of this and then he is in a hurry to leave once he does get into the room. I have things to do too!Lab results are not addressed in a timely manner; messages concerning your results are left on the phone to call their office. Many times it is on a Friday or close to 4:00 or 5:00 when the office closes. It leaves you in agony wondering what could be wrong. The receptionists are clueless as to what is going on and it seems like they could care less. The only thing they know how to do is make appts. and sometimes that is challenging for them.The nurses are overburdened with responsibility. I would say most of them are very pleasant and would help you with various problems, but some are just not the smartest people. They don't seem to understand that a mistake made could cost someone much discomfort or their life. The staff seems to change everytime you go there. There has to be some sort of a problem there - money perhaps. In all earnesty, I do think he is a good Dr. He used to listen and care about patients, but perhaps he has become spread too thin now and is thinking more of the profit/cost ratio than the individual patients who enter his life.
Dr. Bencie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. David J Bencie accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Group Of Windber Inc, 1511 Scalp Ave, Johnstown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David J Bencie in this video.
Dr. David J Bencie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnstown, PA.