Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David L Benkoff has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David L Benkoff has the following 15 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Liver Cancer
- Colon Cancer
Showing 5 of 15
After Dr. Benkoff sees his therapist to work on some of his mental health/anger issues, then it might be safe to make an appointment with him. Until then, be afraid, be very afraid.
I wish I could have found this information before my procedure, but maybe my review will help others get the real picture of Dr. Benkoff. It was not easy to lock down an appointment and he could use more staff in the booking process, as I like to speak immediately to an office and human being. After I finally did make my appointment,, which took a few phone calls back and forth, everything else was excellent. The rating of 3.5 stars is far below on the internet of what it should be. If you truly seek a professional to do the job correctly, I promise you that you will be well taken care of wholly, respectfully, and properly. I had a colonoscopy. The staff at the operation location were all professional, adept, and cared to make sure I was comfortable. Just remember if you do not ask the right questions, you do not get the right answers. Ask if you have a question! Dr. David Benkoff is a nice man and will take good care of you, as will his staff. Forget these low other ratings. The most frustration I had was locking down the appointment. When I arrived for my procedure, all my concerns disappeared. Go see the guy with confidence. This should help you. Last I have Humana insurance and not many accept this insurance. Dr. Benkoff does, so do not waste your time searching all their choices, because none they list as accepting the policy do. Humana was my biggest frustration. Hope you feel safer knowing this info.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. David L Benkoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David L Benkoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington, MI.