Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David R Bierer has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. David R Bierer has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
Dr. David R Bierer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David R Bierer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I am currently looking for a new doctor. Dr. Bierer had been someone a lot of people told me to go to, but after a year and a half of trying to get pregnant and a miscarriage that I believe could have been prevented had he or his office EVER drawn my blood and taken time to actually make sure my levels were ok, I am done. I went in at 7 weeks pregnant because of a little bit of bright red spotting and pain, he did an ultrasound and said baby is fine, showed us the heartbeat and said it might be implantation bleeding and I had a cyst that is normal. He didn't ever draw my blood to make sure there was enough progesterone or anything.... A few days goes by and my pain gets worse and I am in excruciating pain and that cyst burst and I lost the baby. When I told him that I had family history of low progesterone and miscarriages in my family, he mocked me and told me doctors give patients progesterone as a cop out. I want to believe he is a good doctor, but after reading other reviews, I feel even worse about his attitude, the people that love him have babies. Does he care about the ones that can't?
I went in to see Dr. Bierer because I had unusual red, swollen bumps in my vaginal area. I had recently had intercourse for the first time and was terrified I had contracted something. He took a ten second look and told me I had genital herpes. I was shocked. I asked "What now?" And he said many people have it so you just be careful. Done and done. He left me in the room trying to wrap my brain around what he just told me. I got two second opinions and both were surprised at Dr. Bierer's diagnosis. And both came to the same conclusion-ingrown hairs! And sure enough, that's all it was. Dr. Bierer didn't care about me as a patient. He was with me for less than 5 minutes. Because I was not an OB patient that he would make lots of money from, I was treated very poorly. I have never been back.
Dr. Bierer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. David R Bierer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCircle Of Life Womens Center, 1525 E 6000 S, Ogden, UT
Dr. David R Bierer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ogden, UT.