Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David P Bleeker has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David P Bleeker has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. David P Bleeker has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David P Bleeker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
On my first appointment, truthfully I was getting annoyed at having to wait so long to be seen. However once he walked in, everything changed. I finally understood why I waited so long. He cares so much. He must have spent an hour with me, reviewing my history and results. Giving me the time to explain myself, my concerns and responding to them and so much more. Coming with a plan of attack together on my health issues and referring me to needed specialists and how to handle some departments. My thought is he will take you seriously just as much as you will take yourself seriously. Yes, I waited a long time and will wait again, because it means he cares for his patients in a way very few doctors do nowadays. Will go back on a heart beat.
38 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. David P Bleeker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Josephs Family Health Center, 11 Getty Ave, Paterson, NJ
Dr. David P Bleeker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paterson, NJ.