Dr. David Bobrow Is this you?

1 Rating • 1 Comment

2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. David Bobrow?

Rude staff unable to explain inconsistency in reminder calls.

Posted on April 27th, 2010

Ever since I've been a patient of Dr. Bobrow's, I've requested reminder calls the day before my appointments so that I don't miss these appointments. I fully realize that in the long run it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to remember these appointments, in spite of my dealing with critical short-term memory problems. Since the day I started seeing Dr. Bobrow, I asked to receive these automated reminders, AND NOT ONCE HAVE I RECEIVED ONE. NOT ONCE. I tried to talk with the receptionist as well as as Dr. Bobrow's exceptionally rude nurse, and twice now she has shoved into my face her opinion "well, you CAN'T RELY on those calls." She says that to me with a completely straight face AFTER telling me all the other reminder calls go through. I ask her if there could possibly be a problem...specifically: If an automated reminder call is placed and there is a silent PAUSE at the beginning of the recording (u.e., before the person's voice actually begins speaking), some phones will interpret this as there being either a mistake phone call, crank call or whatever and will not record a message. When I put forth this possible theory to them, all they say is "I don't know." Dr. Bobrow seems to be unaware or uncaring of this problem, and I know I've mentioned it to him in the past. I now have to wait another 2 & a half weeks for my next appointment and am out of my medication. My commendations to a professional, caring staff when it comes to Dr. Bobrow's patients, especially in light of the fact that these appointments could very well be matters of life and death.

Adult ADHD