Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shafe D Boles
Dr. Shafe D Boles, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Owensboro, KY, with other offices in Newburgh, IN and Rockport, IN . He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Boles has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Shafe D Boles has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Boles treated my 16 year old son after he had a trick bike wreck & broke his thumb. Dr. Boles was very kind, courteous and understanding to my son's injury & made him feel comfortable with the surgery & all aspects if his care. Now my son is a happy, healthy 19 year old working maintenance of huge machines with no problems regarding his thumb. Thank you Dr. Boles, I will recommend you to everyone.
I have had problems with my right hand for at least 12 yrs with a bad joint , it was very painful to even move the joint and it stayed swollen due to movement . I went thru my rounds with shots and finally they were inaffective and i couldn't do anything with my hand due to pain and Dr. Boles gave me his opinion and then ask me mine , i told him i was tired of not being able to shake someones hand or throw a baseball with my son and so we went forward with replacement of the MP joint and i wished i would have done it 12 years ago! I can do whatever i want with my hand thanks to Dr. Boles , the staff and sarah in physical therapy are awesome. You always hear " if you have a hand problem go to louisville", save yourself the time and trip for you have Dr.Boles right here in Owensboro and highly recommend him to anyone with a hand problem.
I'm concerned with the care Dr. Boles provides. He suggested I let my condition worsen so that he could operate later down the road. This seemed odd to me so I received a 2nd opinion in Louisville upon which the Doc said no surgery was even needed just extensive PT. Beware of diagnosis as this doc seems to be interested in making money from surgeries.
I couldn't be happier with this doctor. He explained my shoulder problem, showed and explained the MRI to me, told me he could definately repair the tear, and did so with very little scarring. He gave me pictures of the rotator cuff tear after surgery showing what he had done. Even his hospital staff had wonderful things to say about him. One nurse told me not to worry if surgery went a little long, because he was immaculate in performing his surgeries.That was great to hear!!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
24 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Mt Carmel Medical Center
Dr. Shafe D Boles accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shafe D Boles in this video.
Dr. Shafe D Boles is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Owensboro, KY.