Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David L Bolshoun
Dr. David L Bolshoun, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Denver, CO. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Bolshoun is affiliated with Avista Adventist Hospital, Lutheran Medical Center and Littleton Adventist Hospital. Dr. Bolshoun has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. David L Bolshoun has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Due to his subotimal listening skills,I was not diagnosed properly and was not treated for the proper diagnosis. Finding a doctor who did listen and gave the proper referrals and focused on the correct testing I am doing well now. Even 9Health Care found issues and sent me to National Jewish for treatment. I am now at the U of CO with a new Internal Med doc. I now feel that a doctor's attitude and misdianosis will not hamper my health. I can trust this group of docs. Dr Bolshoun's attitude and misdianosis caused me undo stress by insurance companies denying me insurance. I am certain he is proud of his doings. He has the knowledge but does not yet know how to apply it.
I came to "Doc B" and was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. He worked with me to get my workouts going (he even wrote a prescription for it!), supported me in the dietary changes I needed, and prescribed the right medications -- and then we followed up regularly with tests to be sure everything was working properly, and adjusted things when they were just a bit off. My A1C was 13 when I started, with high cholesterol and high Blood pressure. When I left, my A1C was 6.5, BP around 117 or 75, and cholesterol of 135 with all the LDL and Triglycerides nice an low -- and also lost 40 pounds in the process! The ONLY reason I left his care was that I was relocated to Texas by my company. Most doctors seem to be all about symptoms and medications, but Doc B cares as much about healing the person as he does about treating the disease.
Dr. Bolshoun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. David L Bolshoun accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMayfair Internal Medicine, 6311 E 14th Ave, Denver, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David L Bolshoun in this video.
Dr. David L Bolshoun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.