Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David R Brear has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
- Lasik Surgery
Showing 5 of 6
Went for a check-up and was told I did not need the refraction part of the exam because with my glasses I was seeing 20/20, thus they could not improve the vision. There is a flyer posted in the office that the refraction is $50 and will not be paid by insurance. Therefore, I did not do the refraction since it was not needed. Called back a week later to get a written RX for new glasses since my old frames were broken. I was informed by the staff at Dr. Brear's office that I could not get a RX without a refraction!!! Therefore, I would have to come back and pay the $50 for the refraction in order to get a new RX (even though there was no change in my vision). When I asked why, I was told that it was a deal that they had with my insurance company. I thought the insurance company was not paying for refractions?? Totally confused and felt like this was a scam?? Won't be back.
40 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1978
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. David R Brear accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCommonwealth Eye Center, 633 Sunset Ln Ste E, Culpeper, VA
Dr. David R Brear is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Culpeper, VA.