Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David C Campbell has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. David C Campbell has the following 11 expertise
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Dr. David C Campbell has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David C Campbell is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
What an amazing Docter and staff. From the first phone call to schedule my appointment, to the office, the staff, the Dr. and all of the follow-up calls etc. I was treated with respect, compassion, professionalism and care. Dr. Campbell was not only nice he really cared about my treatment and took his time and asked a ton of questions. I haven't received this level of treatment in a very long time. The cost was very reasonable with my insurance. I just got to the age were glasses will be required from here to..... I will continue to see Dr. Campbell for all of my eye needs.
Dr. Campbell was recommended to me by a good friend. She expressed that he was a very good doctor, but not very warm. I was pleasantly surprised when he walked into the exam room. He seemed very pleasant and very focused on my problem, which is all that I want and expect from a doctor. I am not in there looking for a new friend, just a competent doctor and that is what I think I found. I plan to go back to him again.
Dr. Campbell was highly recommended by my retired Ophthalmologist but after reading the reviews here, I was a bit concerned. I had my first appointment yesterday and I felt I got excellent care. I dont remember ever having such a complete and thorough examination. Perhaps I asked the right questions but I left with a game plan and felt follow up would be addressed if new symptoms appeared. I also felt the office was fair with their prices and were very clear about what insurance would probably pay and what would be my responsibility. Perhaps hes not a teddy bear, but if you want a good solid doctor I think Dr. Campbell is a good choice. I will continue being his patient and I think I'm lucky to have found him.
Dr. Campbell may be a competent physician (though I have my doubts), but he has the absolute worst bedside manner. For those who don't like to visit doctors, or those who prefer doctors who are a partner in their healthcare, this is NOT the doctor for you. Dr. Campbell will name off all the problems that could be wrong, as he thinks aloud throughout a consultation. Then, he doesn't explain any of the possibilities - unless you press him to do so. I left with no answers - only guesses on his part... and far more worried than when I walked in.If you prefer doctors who are personable and who can relate to people, I urge you to go elsewhere.
46 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1972
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. David C Campbell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsScripps Health, 4060 4th Ave Ste 405, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David C Campbell, MD - Ophthalmology in San Diego, CA, in this video.
Dr. David C Campbell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.