Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David C Foos has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Great doctor. Very intelligent and able to get me on a good treatment path. He runs very late because he take the needed time with each patient, so if you can't wait an hour after your arrival time, find a different doctor. However, I find the wait well worth it. The staff, Grace and Julie, are very kind and helpful.
I have been seeing Dr. Foos for five month. Twice he has failed to show up at his office in time to make my appointment. He didn't charge me the first time, but the second time my insurance was billed and I had to pay my co-pay because I told his office manager that I'd like refills. That was considered a med management appointment even though I never saw or spoke to the doctor. I'm fairly certain his office manager can't actually practice medicine. I'm following up with the Medical Board of California and with my insurance company to see whether this constitutes fraud. I had serious issues (labs, sleep problems, probable med changes) that I wanted to speak to Dr. Foos about and all I got was a long wait and $20 poorer.
I was sent to Dr. Foos after my childhood provider passed. Dr. Foos immediately started me on medications that my doctor after him said any doctor worth anything would know were a terrible mix with my diagnosis. When I asked for actual discussion regarding my depression he said he'd call in another psychiatrist, which he never did. All this man cares about it writing prescriptions and cashing checks, and frankly I don't know how he's still in practice. His office staff is rude and I never waited less than an hour for my scheduled appointment, but I dare not ever be late, lest there be a fee. If you are a drug seeker with no actual desire to get better, visit Dr. Foos. If you actually want help, find someone else.
I have had a very good experience with Dr. Foos who I have been seeing for nearly 15 years. He is personable, spends time with me, and answers my questions. I rarely have trouble getting an appointment. His staff is very competent, pleasant, and professional. My biggest complaint is having to wait in his waiting room up to 1 1/2 hours (though not usually that long) before seeing him.
Horrible all over. I had the sensation that I was paying $100 just to renew the prescription every month. They also made many mistakes charging me too much, even if I told them they were wrong. It took me more than 20 calls and 6 months to get the money back because they charged me what they shouldn't. Horrible experience.
43 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. David C Foos accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDavid Charles Foos Md, 2810 E Del Mar Blvd Ste 11B, Pasadena, CA
Dr. David C Foos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.