Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David C Gray MD
Dr. David C Gray, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hopkinsville, KY, with other offices in Hopkinsville, KY and Evansville, IN . He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. David C Gray has 3 locations
739 North Dr
Hopkinsville, KY 42240
Dr. David C Gray has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. David C Gray has the following 13 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. David C Gray is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. David C Gray - Posted on June 24th, 2017
i have had a couple Drs and never had problems getting and taking my meds as long as I had and kept my appointment times. This guy withholds my meds if I even change my appointment dates and have had to do not to miss work or to find a sitter, but I always reschedule. Two times I have had to go without because of this silliness. He is also very cold and emotionless, I have to bring my son sometimes and he acts very annoyed ( never had this problem with previous Drs). He treats people like criminals not patients. He treats his patients like drugs addicts but I'm guessing thinks they are too stupid to realize it. The medicine i have been prescribed has helped my life a great deal, but I might stop taking it so I don't have to deal with him ever again. If you have the option see someone else.
Self-verified patient of Dr. David C Gray - Posted on February 13th, 2017
Less than helpful
Self-verified patient of Dr. David C Gray - Posted on December 19th, 2015
Cold, aloof and unwilling to give me a larger dose so I could cut it in smaller dosages, saving 700 a month. I get 15k on my disability. Hence I could not afford the medication. Heartless. Only went because regular dr is much further away. Would not even prescribe me meds I'd been on for years even with my former dr.'s approval, disappointed and angry.
30 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Charleston Area Medical Center
Dr. David C Gray Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David C Gray is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hopkinsville, KY.