Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David C Hicks has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics
Dr. David C Hicks has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. David C Hicks has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David C Hicks is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
The hip replacement surgery failed. I need a hip revision surgery and he has not offered to help me to find someone to do that. I have tried to go to several other specialists but his office will not send a letter of recommendation so my Medicaid will cover it. I hurt and am screwed because he left me the surgery failed, BIG TIME and on top of that, I need the second hip done. I would like to get on with my life, but this is impossible because he won't send me to someone else who can fix it.
My wait time has been well over an hour during every one of the 7 visits I've had. I've had to call into work twice because it took so long-even after scheduling it for 9:30am on a weekday, I had to call into my 1pm shift. Also, my surgery was almost 5 hours behind schedule. I always leave his office upset because I feel so rushed. He only spends a couple of minutes with me during every visit-I literally do not have enough time to think if I have any questions before he's opening the door to leave the room.Dr Hick's nurse Karina is incredibly unpleasant. It is nearly impossible to get a hold of her, and when she gets back to me (days later), she has a horrible attitude. She has literally brought me to tears before from being so snappy on the phone for no apparent reason.I wouldn't recommend this doctor. While my surgery was successful-and I suppose that's what really, truly matters, I am so unsatisfied with his customer service and his nurse that I just can't recommend him to anyone.
20 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. David C Hicks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFerrell Duncan Clinic, 3555 S National Ave Ste 200, Springfield, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David C Hicks in this video.
Dr. David C Hicks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MO.