Dr. David Mcalpine Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Mcalpine?

Posted on August 13th, 2016

Wait time is my only complaint ever! The staff is amazing and always answers my questions and are always friendly and listen. The wait time is long because he will spend an hour with each patience if they need or have questions and I appreciate that more than I mind a longer than normal wait.

Posted on June 4th, 2015

best obgyn there is around.

Great Dr/

Posted on December 22nd, 2014

He really is caring and answers all of your questions. He delivered my 2 children. My first was delivered with forceps b/c he was wrapped in the chord. The nurses at the hospital all said he did an amazing job and they would trust him to deliver their babies. His head nurse is rude and she is a preg. woman's nightmare. She will make you feel like you are about to miscarry, you have done something wrong, or something is wrong with your baby. Then McAlpine comes in 5 minutes later and totally blows off what she said and tells you that your baby and you are fine.

Posted on July 16th, 2013

This doctor is not one I would recommend. He is rude and uncaring. He does not listen to his patients, nor does he seem to feel it is important to come promptly when a patient is in the hospital. He made me feel as if I was a large inconvenience. He is also extremely arrogant; lumps women into a single category of silly and ignorant.

I feel people should hear my story!

Posted on July 25th, 2012

A year ago I wouldn't have had a bad thing to say about this doctor, his head nurse is not nice by any means but that was the only problem I really ever had. That is, until something went wrong. I started bleeding so heavily every month that I would nearly pass out. So even though I am young I had a uterine ablation which would prevent me from ever being able to get pregnant again. Two weeks later, when all the research I could find said I should be fully recovered, I was still in severe pain. I got an appointment earlier that week and was told I just needed to give it more time. A couple of days later I called to try to get my appointment moved up because things had gotten so bad and the best they could do was the next day. By that night my husband made me go to the emergency room. While there, just before those wonderful people nearly discharged me, my blood pressure dropped to 34/17. I then had an ultrasound that showed "fluid" in my uterus and I was admitted into the hospital. The next day I had an emergency hysterectomy, my uterus was full of blood and about the size of a three month pregnant woman's because things were so bad. I was basically bleeding to death and I was also so infected I had to be put on i.v. antibiotics. Dr. Mcalpine wouldn't even give me a pelvic exam for several weeks fearing introducing more bacteria into by body. In the hospital the day after, he came in my room and basically let me know I was an inconvenience to him because I went to the e.r. and I wasn't a scheduled surgery. "It was hard on HIS body" to have had to do mine that day on top of his others. I could have bleed to death but it was hard on HIS body! Since the hysterectomy I have had nothing but problems. I'm going on 8 months of this now and I'm in pain every day. First I had repeat urinary problems, he just kept giving me antibiotics for. We later found out my bladder wasn't emptying properly (he did a bladder scope on me, a procedure that I wasn't given a choice on and did not need) that caused this. I sought a urologist myself, had procedures done there and thankfully the problem eventually resolved itself. He gave up on me at one point after my husband and I stayed on the office after yet another visit to the e.r. where a nurse told me the veins in my ovaries were dilated. I had to call radiology at the hospital myself and had the results sent over since I was repeatedly told they were still waiting (they were send over during a 2 minute phone call I made myself.. which leads me to believe they weren't even trying). When they got those results they called me back said everything was normal and told me maybe I should just go to a pain management clinic and that he was done with me! Guess that nurse was lying?It wasn't until we threatened a law suit did he agree to see me again, then apologized saying "he was frustrated and not in his right state of mind". I've been in pain and through all of this but HE is frustrated?? He offered me this shot and basically said if it fixes it good, if not then it isn't my problem. I wouldn't except that and had him do another lyproscoptic surgery to insure nothing else was wrong after the other surgeries. He then informs me that, that is possible, that because he was busy he just "pulled it and sewed me up". He didn't look for other problems or anything! Before I scheduled this with the hospital I tried to contact the doctor I had started seeing in Houston to urge him to do it. I did not want Dr. Mcalpine touching me again. They never called back and to this day I haven't heard from them at all. My next appointment was canceled and I have no other theory than to think Dr. Mcalpine did this to me. He asked who the Dr. in Houston I was seeing was and out of fear contacted him and said who knows what to protect himself. So I did scheduled that surgery and he did find problems with that laproscopic surgery, fixed them and I was ok for about 3 weeks. When I went back, in pain yet again he pushed me off on a G.I. doctor after telling me getting all these other opinions from my doctor in Houston and the urologist were bad because I was getting so many different opinions. I had several test from the G.I. dr and all came back fine they are narrowing it down to nerve damage, the medicine for it is over 600 dollars a month. I never thought it was a G.I. problem but desperate for relief I went anyway. I do not believe for one second it is just nerve damage, as I have definite sharp pain in both ovaries that brings me to my knees at times, I can not have sex without being in severe pain during and for up to two days afterwards, and have near constant pelvic pain. So yes he's a good doctor until he messes up. I feel like I'm his flaw and he wants nothing more than to just get rid of me. I am now searching for a new provider to find out what is wrong with me because something IS wrong.

Dr Mac is SO GREAT

Posted on July 23rd, 2012

I would recomend him to anyone very good doctor

Posted on July 10th, 2011

I really love him to death. He cares so much about his patients. I had surgery a couple of months ago & he called me on a Saturday morning to check up on me. I really appreciated that so much. Not many like that.

AWESOME

Posted on June 7th, 2011

This guy is great! His head nurse though is blunt and almost rude. I think that is just her personality though.

Posted on May 24th, 2011

Dr. Mac is the best in the business and i will never see anyone else. if you need anything he is always there to help in any way he can. and he always calls and checks up on you.

Dr Mac is AWESOME

Posted on March 24th, 2011

He is the doc I call even if it is not his expertise. He will recommend another one for that need. He calls back when you call him with a question. I used to see another OBGYN and I am soooo glad I switched .

Great Doctor!

Posted on July 3rd, 2009

Dr. McAlpine is a great doctor and would recommend him to anyone. He is very caring and he wants to make sure you understand everything he has explained to you. He even makes my kids feel welcome when the come into the office with me. When I have called into the office with a question his nurse immediately returns my call and is very knowlegable as well. I am very satisfied with whom I have chosen to deliver my baby.

Posted on April 29th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Mac for about 11 years. He delivered both of my children, and, I would highly recommend him to other women. I had complications with my first child and he checked up on me often, including a Sunday afternoon. That meant so much to me. As a patient of his I can honestly say it feels as if you are his only priority when he is treating you. He never seems to be rushing you or in a hurry to get you out of the office. He is a great doctor.