Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David C Powers has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. David C Powers has the following 11 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Family Planning
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Hypovolemia (Low Blood Volume)
- Weight Loss
- Myocardial Infarction
Dr. David C Powers has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David C Powers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
My family has been seeing him for years and he has always provided excellent care to us. He has a great bedside manner. after reading the above comments I am concerned that folks expect unlimited access for "TOTAL BODY" attention in one patient visit. I compare this to going to the grocery store and only paying for the first item in your cart and expecting the rest for free imply because "it's the same trip". People expect so very much from their healthcare providers, often for free
I would not recommend this doctor to anybody! He is very uncaring, rude, mean, unsympathetic, impolite, and inconsiderate. I was completely humiliated and embarrassed by him. He will not listen to anything you have to say. He has a terrible attitude and very degrading way of talking to patients. He does not spend hardly anytime with you and the time he does spend is him sitting in a chair on his PC, never making eye contact with the patient. My experience with him was absolutely terrible!!!
29 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. David C Powers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Hill Family Medicine, 514 W Atlantic St, South Hill, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David C Powers in this video.
Dr. David C Powers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Hill, VA.