Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David C Schechter
Dr. David C Schechter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond Hill, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Surgery, Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schechter is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian-Queens. Dr. Schechter has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David C Schechter has the following 4 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David C Schechter has the following 31 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Blood Coagulation Disorders
- Unstable Angina
- Rapid Heart Beat (Tachycardia)
- Preventive Medicine
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Diastolic Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Paroxysmal Tachycardia
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pacemaker (Artificial Cardiac Pacing)
Dr. David C Schechter has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David C Schechter is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dear Dr. Schechter, I would like to thank you for the kindness you showed to me and my family both during my illness and for your attention to my care. Your compassion and courtesy knows no limits and I will always feel safe and protected under your care. Everything was explained to me and your bedside manner made me feel much more confident about the situation. Thank you.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Schechter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1984
New York Medical College
Dr. David C Schechter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDavid Schechter Md, 8611 Lefferts Blvd, Richmond Hill, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David C Schechter in this video.
Dr. David C Schechter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond Hill, NY.