Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Daniel J Canter has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Daniel J Canter has the following 7 expertise
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
Showing 2 of 4
I have been a patient of Dr. Canter for quite a long time, and I feel so lucky to have him as my urologist. I have quite a complicated medical history involving cancer, and he has done several procedures and surgeries on me. He is extremely intelligent, caring, and easy to talk to...as well as a great listener. I would HIGHLY recommend him! He has not only been a great doctor to me, but I also consider him a friend. GREAT doctor! BTW...his nurse is awesome as well.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
14 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2004
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Daniel J Canter accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER, 1514 Jefferson Hwy, New Orleans, LA
Dr. Daniel J Canter is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.