Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David G Carfagno DO
Dr. David G Carfagno, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Carfagno is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center and Scottsdale Healthcare Shea. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. David G Carfagno has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 23
Great , caring doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. David G Carfagno - Posted on December 1st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. David G Carfagno - Posted on August 27th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. David G Carfagno - Posted on May 8th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. David G Carfagno - Posted on April 25th, 2016
Dr. C has all the major bases covered but it's the little things is why I gave him five stars. I know when he's at a conference, I know when he's doing continue education, I know when he is at a sporting event, all these little things make me feel more confident that he is staying up-to-date and is involved in the community .
One of the best in town
Self-verified patient of Dr. David G Carfagno - Posted on April 22nd, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Carfagno is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. David G Carfagno Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & DirectionsSCOTTSDALE SPORTS MEDICINE INSTITUTE, 10133 N 92nd St Ste 102, Scottsdale, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David G Carfagno, DO - Sports Medicine in Scottsdale, AZ, in this video.
Dr. David G Carfagno is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.