Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David R Cave has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Intestinal Diseases
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Peptic Ulcer (Duodenal Ulcer)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Stomach Cancer
Showing 5 of 8
I just had the worst visit ever with this physician and his new resident physician. They made me wait over 1 hour in waiting room, didn't listen to me once I was in the exam room, kept being interrupted by their pagers, and dismissed my problems after essentially calling me a liar. I was so upset when I left. I would NEVER refer anyone to this practice. And I will never return. I am alerting my referring physician to the inadequacy of the care I received.
My first visit with Dr David Cave was in 1981 when he started at BUMC and I have been following him ever since. He is personable, talks in layman's terms, answers all calls, staff is excellent. I have Crohn's Disease with colon activity as well. I have had 3 surgeries. He is excellent and I highly recommend him.
After seeing over 12 doctors in 10 years and many more in the emergency rooms, several tests, some invasive, some risky, many medications, lots of pain, loss of weight, the list is so long, this doctor was able to diagnoise me and give me the proper medication on the first visit. It has been almost 3 months now and I have not needed to see another doctor and have not been in the emergency room 1 time, which is a new record for me. He is very pleasant, professional, a good listener, explains things easily. I was ready for my appointment and gave him several of my records before my visit for him to review. Dr. Cave, thank you very much for making me feel much better.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010, 2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
48 Years Experience
Kings College London School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. David R Cave accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUmass Memorial Medical Group, 55 Lake Ave N, Worcester, MA
Dr. David R Cave is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.