Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Cesario
Dr. David A Cesario, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Cesario is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital and UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Dr. Cesario has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Cesario has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Cesario is one of the rare doctors who excels in both clinical skills and bedside manner. My father has a difficult case of SVT and had gone through one unsuccessful procedure. After numerous visits at multiple top medical institutions in town, we found Dr. Cesario based on recommendations from other cardiologists. Now my father is SVT free. Dr. Cesario truly cares about his patients and made the journey so much easier for us. He returns calls promptly and has a great deal of patience. He also follows up regularly to check in. Great doctor, hands down.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Cesario is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Dr. David A Cesario accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeslie P Weiner Neurological Care Anc Research Center, 1520 San Pablo St Ste 3000, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Cesario in this video.
Dr. David A Cesario is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.