Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David Cheong has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
Showing 5 of 32
Being referred to Dr. Cheong was a blessing. I first met him last fall with a worn-out hip that had been replaced over fifteen years ago. I limped into his office with leg length discrepancy (one leg was longer than the other), had a completely worn out hip, and was in incessant pain. My previous hip revision surgery had not gone as well as my original two hip replacements and thus, I was petrified. He immediately put me at ease. His vast knowledge, gentle bedside manner, and an uncanny ability to explain medical terminology and procedures to laymen are true gifts. As veteran hip patient who had undergone three previous hip replacements and numerous other joint replacement surgeries, I can attest to Dr. Cheongâs medical expertise. My recovery time was minimal and I have regained full function in my hip. Although my surgery was only four months ago, there are days I completely forget that I underwent major surgery because I am feeling whole again. Every time I take long walks or even, dance, I think of Dr. Cheong and silently thank him. I have unwavering faith in him and feel extremely blessed to have him as part of my medical team.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
19 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. David Cheong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Associates of West Florida PA, 430 Morton Plant St Ste 301, Clearwater, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Cheong in this video.
Dr. David Cheong is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.