Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Cheshire
Dr. David Cheshire, MD, PA is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Cheshire is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center and Saint Vincent's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David Cheshire has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 16
Been seeing Dr. Cheshire for a few years now. Waiting time is typically long an annoying. I find if I schedule an appointment in the a.m., he is more alert and helpful; where as, if I schedule one in the p.m., he typically seems tired and apathetic. Definitely a smart guy and good doctor, I just feel his age might be catching up with him.
Do not go to this Doctor. He is the worst doctor I have met. We went to his office to ask an evaluation report, and he gave us an incomplete report. When we found out, we called and asked him to fill in the item which he missed. His assistant was rude and said the doctor is going to call us back, so we can't call them again. However, he never called back even we told him there was a deadline. she said we have to pay and see the doctor. There is no guarantee the doctor to fill in the item he missed. How can u give us an incomplete report and charge patient a lot of money.
Dr. Cheshire is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hospital Jacksonville
Baptist Medical Center
Saint Vincent's Medical Center
St. Johns River Hospital
53 Years Experience
Graduated in 1960
Dr. David Cheshire accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions3599 University Blvd S, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Cheshire in this video.
Dr. David Cheshire is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.