Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David O Childers Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Developmental - Behavioral Pediatrics
- Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. David O Childers Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Mental Retardation
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. David O Childers Jr is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
Doc child has some severe self esteem issues. The only way he can compensate is to belittle the parents of the children. Misdiagnosis is common with him. He will label your child as mentally retarded even if others have said autism. DO NOT GO HERE. He will make sure your child gets labeled according to the needs to maintain funding to his clinic. This guy a huge quack.
His staff are wonderful. He was abusive to my child and I. He said things in front of my 12 year old that were totally inappropriate. His physical exam was improper and rough! He should warn people about what to expect so we can prepare our children. He's not even a psychiatrist so I am unsure why he's so highly sought after. My son refuses to go back to Childers and I don't blame him. He is a 12 year old boy that was made to sit through a 3 hour info gathering session with no "entertainment" and nobody was including him in the discussion. Childers proceeded to admonish his father and I by letting our son interrupt us 5 times (5 is HIS magic number) and then he shamed us. His physical exam of our son was very rough and inappropriate. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD. There are others with experience that won't treat you and your child like we are cells in a petrie dish. He had ZERO respect for us or our child. My son is now traumatized. Additionally, he shared VERY private info regarding my other children that our son should of never heard! His discernment skills are null. I feel like we deserve an apology.
His aggressive behavior caused bruises on my child's s arms and leg. My child kicked him once so he took my child's shoes off and threw them. That's how he got the bruise on his leg. He also has a my way or the highway attitude. Told us if he doesn't get his way the evaluation was over. My child did try to hit him and he grabbed my child's arms hard enough to cause bruising and he yelled no directly into my child's face.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
United States Naval Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUF Health Jacksonville, 655 W 8th St, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David O Childers Jr in this video.
Dr. David O Childers Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.